Saturday 21 December 2013

Brazen

Brazen (Otherworld Stories #13.1)

Brazen is the newest novella set in Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld universe, and finally Nick Sorrentino gets his own story. Up until now, he has been a great supporting character, especially in the books focusing on Elena and Clay.  Now Nick gets to be the star, and I, for one, was pretty excited about getting to know more about Nick.

Nick has grown up a lot in recent years, taking on more responsibility.  Including mentoring the packs youngest membranes, Reese and Noah, and spearheading the hunt to track down Malcolm Danvers.  He is smart and charming.  He has enlisted the help of a supernatural mercenary group to track down Malcolm's location so the Pack can resolve the matter.

He meets with his contact, Ness, who much to his surprise is a code name for Vanessa.  She is a former FBI, who happens to be a half-demon.  Her clumsy attempts to flirt with Nick at the first meeting starts her out on the wrong foot.

When her agent calls in trouble in Detroit, where she has located Malcolm.  Vanessa and Nick team up to hunt down Malcolm, and discover a mutual attraction to each other.

I really like Nick. Like I said before he is smart and charming, without being cocky.  He is also quite the gentleman.  I liked learning more about Nick, like he is an omega wolf, and his protectiveness of those he loves.

I thought Vanessa has a very realistic personality.  She is confident in abilities, but can admit her flaws.  I love her awkward moment of trying to flirt with Nick, but pretty much sucking at it.  I was laughing when she was tipsy and explaining to Nick her lack of flirting skills.

I thought they were a couple well fit for each other.  I was a little disappointed the way the story ended, and really wished it was longer.  I know that Ms. Armstrong said that Thirteen was her last full length Otherworld book, but I really hope she decides to give Nick and Vanessa a novel.  I think they could go so much further in their story.

Currently Reading:
Origin
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

No comments:

Post a Comment