Thursday 14 March 2013

First Post!

I have been thinking about this a long time, and I have finally decided to start my own blog.  Part of the reason I took so long to start this, was would I write about? My life is not exactly what you would call exciting. Full of stress being a vet student currently, yes, exciting no. But as I was reading the other day, possibly my favorite pass time in the whole world, it came to me. I could write about my favorite things, books. I am going to try to start writing well thought out reviews for all the books I have read.

Before diving in, I should probably share what my literary taste are.  I have read lots of different genre's but I tend to lean toward the paranormal.  I love fairies, werewolves, vampires, etc. I think partly because it gives you a real escape from reality. Which let me tell you, sometimes you really need after taking vet school block exams.  I am also a growing fan of steampunk, and steampunk + paranormal= fantastic. I do read some other stuff.  I am fan of a couple of crime mystery authors, and southern humor books.

The idea for the blog partially came since I recently finished Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey books. In the Lost Prince, Ethan gives rules for dealing with being able to see the Fey.  I though I would give my rules, that I have learned from reading about the Fey in books. Books including Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, and Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series, among others.

The Rules:
1. Never bargan with the Fey, it will never go in your favor.
2. Never thank the fey- thanking the fey means you are in their debt, and that is not a place you want to be.
3. Never, ever piss off the fey- they are much older and more powerful than you will ever be, so it probably not a good idea to make an enemy of them.

My goal is to be able to post reviews for each book I read, but no guarantees.

Currently Reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment