Tuesday 7 October 2014

2 for 1 Revenants

Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)

Die for Her is a novella by Amy Plum from her Revenants series.

Jules Marchenoir is a revenant- an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He's spent the better part of the last century flirting his way through Paris, but when he met Kate Mercier, he knew his afterlife had changed forever and he had found the love of his life.  Until Kate fell for his best friend, Vincent.  Now Jules is faced with an impossible decision: choosing between his loyal friend and a love truly worth dying for.

The Breakdown:
1. I loved this short story from Jules perspective. It follows Jules from the beginning of Die for Me to the start of If I should Die. I loved that in this story. Plum showed when Jules and Vincent first saw Kate, even if she did not notice them and how strong the friendship between Jules and Vincent is.

2. I find Jules simply adorable.  I loved his personality.  He was a hopeless flirt, but a loyal friend.  I liked being able to watch as he slowly falls for Kate. I really want to give Jules a big hug because the poor boy is totally gone for Kate, who only sees him as a friend.

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)

If I Should Die is the final book of Amy Plum's Revenants trilogy.

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered.  He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France's  immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn't be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality.  I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he's not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we've already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable.  He once swore to avoid dying- to go against his nature forsake sacrificing himself for other- so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

The Breakdown:
1.  Plum ended this trilogy beautifully.  She did an excellent job answering any lingering questions. She through a couple of unexpected twist into it, and expanded more on what the Champion is capable of doing.

2. I do have to admit that I had an inkling of who the Champion was in the last book. There were in definitely clues, and in this book she gives clues that it becomes very apparent in the first half of the book who the Champion is.

3. I simply love Kate as the herione.  She is strong, and does not give up on what she wants even when it seem impossible to obtain. She refuses to let Violette rule her life, and end everything she has with Vincent.  It is her courage and determination that saves them and rekindles the Revenant and guerisseur  relationship.

4. I found Georgia simply charming in this book.  She is such a great supporting character, and a wonderful sister.  Her flirtations and playing hard to get with Arthur were highly entertaining.

5. The final showdown between the Bardia and the Numa was pretty epic. Kate was amazing in it, and support she brought was awesome. I did shed a couple of tears over some of the losses in the fight.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read

Currently Reading:
Deadly Descendant
by Jenna Black

No comments:

Post a Comment