Friday 2 May 2014

Evolution at Its Best

Aplicacion JAR the evolution of mara dyer miche para celular

The Evolution  of Mara Dyer is the second book of the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin.

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past, she can't.

She used to think her problems were all in her head, they aren't.

She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets, she's wrong.

The Breakdown:
1. Hodkin has written an amazing YA psychological thriller with her Mara Dyer books. This one keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering exactly what Jude is planning, and what he wants from Mara. Plus, even though I know Jude is alive, I can't help but to question Mara sanity at times.

2. I find Noah an intriguingly complex character, and even after two books Hodkin has more surprises in store for his story. The complex dynamic of his powers, family life, and love for Mara have me wanting so much more from him.  He is like an onion with all the layers he has, and Hodkin is doing a fantastic job of slowly peeling them away to reveal to the reader.

3. Hodkin adds an interesting component into this book with Mara's past life flashbacks/genetic memories. I am still unsure which she is going for whether flashbacks or genetic memories since the characters discussed both possibilities, but I am interested how this will play into the conclusion of the story.

4. I can't help to like Mara. Her love of her family is incredible, and she is strong in her love and loyalty to them despite the fact that don't believe that Jude is alive. I think my favorite scene in the book was between Mara and her brother Daniel when they did the I wish I could tell my family exercise at the treatment facility.

5. Dislike the fact that I have to wait until November for the final book in the trilogy. I am dying to know what is going to happen.

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

Currently Reading:
Last Sacrifice
by Richelle Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment