Thursday 23 May 2013

YA Book Tour- Ohio

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)

Next on the book tour is I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore for Ohio. First, I think that it is interesting that the author decided to write under the pen name of what is technically a character in the book.

The Lorien Planet was invaded by Mogadorians who destroyed the whole planet and everyone on it.  Nine Garde children got away.  There was a charm placed on them so that they could only be killed in order. One, two, and three are dead so four and his Cepan, Henri, are once again on the run because he is next.

They go to the small town of Paradise, Ohio where four takes the name John. John settles into the new school making friends with Sam, who is quite the alien believer. He also falls hard and fast for Sarah which does not win him points with her ex-boyfriend, Mark.

As the book progresses, John makes his first real friend and finds love. He, also, learns that hiding your true self is not easy when the ones you love are in danger, and people surprise you all the time.

This was a fast story, that did not drag really at any point, but because of its pace I felt that the author did not develop the characters as well as I would have liked. I liked the characters, I just would have liked to get a better feel for their personalities. The book did leave me wanting to more of the series because I really have so many more questions.  Also, I am dying to know how the use of Pittacus Lore, who one of the elders of Lorien that disappeared, as the author of the book will play into the story line later.

Currently Reading:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin

No comments:

Post a Comment