Friday 10 June 2016

A Court of Misty and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)

A Court of Mist and Fury is the second book of Sarah J. Maas's A Court of Rose and Thorn series.

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court- but at a steep cost.  Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. 

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court.  As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms- and she might be key to stopping it.  But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decided how she wishes to shape her future- and the future of a world cleaved in two.

The Breakdown:
1. I simply adored Sarah J. Maas, and I have to say, I think this book was even better than the first one. I loved learning more about the Night Court, and seeing Feyre really blossom into a woman in this book. Then there is the threat of Hybern invading that kept me guessing what is next, and what the outcome would be.

2.  Feyre is dealing with some serious PTSD from her time Under the Mountain and dealing with Amarantha.  She is drowning, and Tamlin is so busy worried about her safety to notice that his protection is killing her slowly. It is Rhysand that saves her, and helps to start her healing.  With his help, Feyre really learns how powerful she has become.

3. I take back all the nice things I said about Tamlin in my review of A Court of Rose and Thorn. He does not notice, or does not care, how much he is hurting Feyre by treating her like spun glass.  Then what he does to get bring her back to the Spring Court is appalling.  I was so disappointed by his character in this book, and also disappointed a by Lucien, who can see what is happening to Feyre but will not disobey Tamlin to help save her.

4. I know in the review of the first book, I did not know whether to love or hate Rhysand.  I am firmly in the Team Rhysand camp now, definitely my new book boyfriend.  The lengths he goes to save Feyre from Tamlin, and to help her start healing her soul are amazing.  Then, when he explained why he helped her Under the Mountain, and more, I absolutely loved him even more.  I may have read that chapter more than once.  Plus seeing him with his friends, Mor, Amren, Azriel, and Cassian, was just heartwarming.  He treats them as his equals and does not expect to be followed blindly.

5.  There is so much to love about his book. Like the High Lord of the Summer Court.  I do hope there is more of him in the next book.  The mystery that is the Cauldron, and how to stop the King of Hybern, and where is Lucien going to fall in the coming war. And Maas just killed me a little with that ending.  I want the next book like my next breath.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment