Thursday 11 February 2016

Endure

Endure (Defy, #3)

Endure is the final novel in Sara B. Larson's Defy trilogy.

At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married.  But their lives are far from safe.  The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy.  Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment.  Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soon leads her far from Damian and deep into enemy territory.

When she arrives, what awaits her is deadlier than anything she could have ever imagined: an army of black sorcerers and a horrifying plot to destroy the world as Alexa knows it.  Will she be able to gather the strength to free herself, protect the love of her life, and save the land?  Will there ever be true peace?

The Breakdown:
1. Larson brings her trilogy to a thrilling end in this book.  Larson's books never lack for action.  There are plenty of harrowing dashes through the jungle and fight scenes to keep me on the edge of my seat.  And in this book, she finally introduces King Armando, and he is seriously crazy.

2. I do have to say that I get a little annoyed with Alexa at times.  She does make some very poor decisions that not only put herself in danger but the kingdom at times.  I am glad that it works out for her in the end, and she does show some amazing strength when times got really rough.

3. Fair warning, no character is safe in this book.  Larson manages to kill of several characters that I really liked, so keep a tissue handy.  I see why she does it for the story, and it was necessary, but that does not mean there were not tears on my end.

4.  I do love that Larson explains the origins of sorcerers and black sorcerers in this book.  It really gives a lot to the story, and explains how Armando was behind the black sorcerers' attacks from the beginning.  I thought she ended the story quite well, and it left me with no lingering questions.

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

No comments:

Post a Comment