Wednesday, 9 December 2015
Christmas Songs Book Tag
That Artsy Reader girl has presented new fun seasonal book tag. Since I had so much fun doing the Monster/Halloween one, I thought I would give this one a try.
1. "All I Want For Christmas is You" Name your favorite bookish couple.
After much internal debate, because there are so many book couples that I love. I have to go with Tessa Gray and Will Herondale from Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices series. These two have so much stacked against them, but they make it work and have a beautiful love.
2. "I'll Be Home for Christmas" Name a book where the character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.)
Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. Ellie and her brother Graham go to visit their grandmother in Norway for the summer, and Ellie learns some very interesting things about her heritage being a thing of legends.
3. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Name your favorite little book (Children's books, short stories, novella, etc)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi & Ron Barrett will always hold a special place in my heart. It was a childhood favorite of mine, and may be part of the reason I am such a foodie now in my life.
4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
This is a tough one since many of the books I really want don't come out until next year. Probably the book on my list I want the most is Tricky Twenty Two by Janet Evanovich. Her books can always make me laugh.
5. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" What book turned your nose red? (made you cry)
Deadline by Chris Crutcher, a boy with cancer determined to live his life on his terms, so obviously there were copious amount of tears on my end.
6. "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" What is favorite book to read during the holidays? (re-read or specific genre?)
I don't really read much holiday themed books, but I did enjoy Mary Kay Andrews' Blue Christmas, which is a novella part of Savannah Blues/Breeze series.
7. "We Three Kings" What's your favorite trilogy?
Oh, how do I pick just one. There is always favorite of Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, the trilogy the really introduced me to the wonders of the dystopian genre. Or my personal favorite dystopian trilogy Legend by Marie Lu.
8. "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?
Just one? Impossible? Tucker Avery from the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand, or Aiden St. Delphi from The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
9. "Last Christmas" Which book seriously let you down?
Still bitter about the ending to Allegiant by Veronica Roth
10. "White Christmas" Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
I am super excited about several books coming out next year, but probably most excited about The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. Close runner ups are The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey and Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard