Monday 19 October 2015

Queen of Shadows

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)

Sarah J. Maas's Queen of Shadows is the latest novel in the Throne of Glass series.

The queen has returned.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her.  But she's at last returned to the empire- for vengeance, to rescue her once- glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galthynius, Queen of Terrasen.  But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin,a warrior prepared to die for her.  She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison.  And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

The Breakdown:
1.  I am absolutely in love with this series.  In each book, Maas does a fantastic job of weaving an intriguing story that I can hardly put down. This book had such amazing plots and Maas starts to weave to together the storylines from Heir of Fire with the characters and having them intersect in this book.

2. I love that Celaena/Aelin has really come into herself in this book.  Maas is really what kind of queen she will be in her character development in this book.  She is strong and fiercely protective of those she loves.  The things she does not only to save Aedion, but Lysandra are amazing.  I love that Aelin is such a complex character with secrets and a hard a soft side to her.

3.  Super excited to get to see more of Aedion in this book.  I love how easy that he and Aelin fall back into the closeness they shared as children.  Also, loving Manon's character.  She is dealing with some tough realizations in this book, and I cannot wait to see what choices she makes and the path she takes.  Plus, I absolutely loved her meeting with Dorian and her meeting with Aelin and outcomes.

4.  I have to say my one compliant for this book is that Aelin and Choal spent too much time angry at each other.  I get why they are each angry, but it does sadden me.  I am a little sadden that Maas makes is very apparent early in the story that their romance is at an end, but I am happy with where she is taking each of the characters romantic lives.

5. And the revelations that Maas presents in this book blow my mind on more than one occasions.  From what the plan is with the Ironteeth witches and what Aelin has planned for Arobynn to why the King of Adarlan has done everything he has done.  I can hardly contain my need for the next book.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read because Sarah J. Maas is a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment