Monday 2 March 2015

Fairest

Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)

Fairest by Marissa Meyer is a novella of her Lunar Chronicles.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her "glamour" to gain power.  But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story- a story that has never been told... until now.

The Breakdown:
1.  I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am a huge fan of Meyer's writing.  Who knew that writing a story from the villain that I love to hate would work so well.  There were times I felt sorry for Levana.  I really loved getting to know her back story.

2.  I find it interesting that Levana does not start out the monster in the story, but rather it is her sister, Channary/ Cinder's mother, who is the real monster.  It was definitely a gradual process for her, and it is amazing how much she justified to herself.

3. I loved that this book came out before Winter, so that Meyer introduces the complexity of what will be Levana and Winter's relationship.  How Winter came to be her step-daughter, and why Levana takes care of her.  This book makes me even more excited for the release of Winter this fall.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment