Thursday 25 December 2014

The Death Cure


The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3)

The Death Cure by James Dashner is the final book in his The Maze Runner trilogy.

It's the end of the line.

WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends- the Gladers.  But it's finally over.  The trails are complete, after one final test.

Will anyone survive?

What WICKED doesn't know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think.  And it's enought to prove that he can't believe a word of what they say.

The truth will be terrifying.

Thomas beat the Maze.  He survived the Scorch.  He'll risk anything to save his friends.  But the truth might be what ends it all.

The time for lies is over.

The Breakdown:
1.  I think that Dashner poses an interesting concept with this final book.  How far is too far, even if it is for the good of mankind?  WICKED used the trials to try for a cure for the Cranks, but is way they used people right?  This book really made me think about the idea of is the harm of few right if it benefits the many.

2.  Dashner threw is quite a few surprises in this book.  He killed a couple of characters I did not expect, and then the return of a character I did not see coming.  He kept me guessing on what WICKED's goal was with the trial outcomes. I liked that this book was not predictable.

3. At first, I was not crazy about the ending.  I thought it was lacking something, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was perfect for the series.  The world in the series is very unstable and harsh, but the end provided a way to a stable future with a little bit of uncertainty to it that fits the series well.

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

No comments:

Post a Comment