Monday 8 April 2013

Tethered

Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)

Tethered is the follow up novella to Meljean Brook's Heart of Steel.  It is part of her steampunk romance series, The Iron Seas.  This is one of my favorite steampunk series, and I highly recommended it anyone.

Yasmeen and Archimedes are continuing to grow in the new found love for each other when Archimedes ex- salvaging partner  and friend, Bilson, shows up.  His brother has been taken by New Eden, which is an airship flotilla that takes other airships and forces the crew and passengers to join their uptopian society or die.  He wants to use Yasmeen and her airship for the rescue mission.

Archimedes refuses to use Yasmeen's ship and crew for the rescue after what happened to her last ship.  Bilson, however, has other plans and blackmails them into helping him. He even has contingency plans in case the other plan falls through.  Yet, he still underestimates Yasmeen and Archimedes, who definitely out think him.

One of my favorite moments of the book was as Yasmeen carefully dissects Bilson's character, and explains the fatal flaws he makes in his plans.  He chooses to go for people's weakness to get them to do what he wants, instead of playing to their strengths to make them want to help him.

I love the progression of the love between Yasmeen and Archimedes, and how each discovers that their love for one another is a great strength.

Side Note: Probably tomorrow, I will post a list of the YA book tour update, and explain how I decided to progress through the remaining books.

Currently Reading:
The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls
by Julie Schumacher

2 comments:

  1. Juuust finished this one myself! They rereleased the paper of "Heart of Steel" and now "Tethered" comes attached at the end of it - book + novella for the price of one!

    Really loved "Heart of Steel," it's my fave so far. Can't wait to read the third book. And I have YOU to thank for turning me on to this great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to turn you on to the series. I think that the third book, Riveted is my favorite so far.

      Delete