Sunday 1 July 2018

Audiobook: The Beauty of Darkness

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)

The Beauty of Darkness is written by Mary E. Pearson and narrated by Emily Rankin, Ryan Gesell, Kirby Heyborn, Kim Mai Guest and Ann Marie Lee and is the the last book of The Remnant Chronicles.

Lia has survived Venda—but so has a great evil bent on the destruction of Morrighan. And only Lia can stop it.

With war on the horizon, Lia has no choice but to assume her role as First Daughter, as soldier—as leader. While she struggles to reach Morrighan and warn them, she finds herself at cross-purposes with Rafe and suspicious of Kaden, who has hunted her down.

In this conclusion to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy, traitors must be rooted out, sacrifices must be made, and impossible odds must be overcome as the future of every kingdom hangs in the balance.

The Breakdown:
1.  I put off reading this book for a long time due worry that I would be disappointed in the ending because of some of the reviews I read of the book.  I am happy to announce that I was not disappointed with it.   I thought the ending made sense with where Pearson was going with the story.

2.  I rather liked Lia's character development in the story.  She begins begins to really accept a leadership role and take steps to stop the Komizar's plans.   She proves herself to be an effective leader.  Although I am disappointed by the turn that her and Rafe's relationship takes.

3.   I get irrationally angry at Rafe for a most of the middle of the book.  He just does not get were Lia is coming from and belittles her fears.  I know that he is trying to do what is right for his country, but he should respect her more.  He does redeem himself at the end.

4.  I really loved Kaden in this book.  He really grows into his role and accepts who he is and where he has come from.  Plus, I liked the growing relationship between him and Pauline.  Plus, learning more about his father was quite enlightening.

5.  I was pleased with this book overall.  It did drag a bit in the middle,  but I enjoyed the ending. 

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

No comments:

Post a Comment