Wednesday 9 November 2016

P.S. I Like You

P.S. I Like You

P.S. I Like You is by Kasie West.

Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…

The Breakdown:
1.  I simply adored this book.  It was so funny and sweet that I had a hard time putting it down. I loved the concept of a passing notes and getting to know and falling for another with their words.  Plus, I loved the cast of characters.

2. I very much enjoyed Lily.  She is awkward and funny, and I totally relate to her.  She has a crazy family which are all amazing. She wants to write songs, but is shy about sharing her work, which who hasn't experienced fear of not being good enough at what they love.

3. One of my things about this book is the relationship between Lily and her best friend, Isabel, and the relationship with her family.  They are so dynamic in them with both fights and moments of aww happening during the story.  Plus the relationship between Lily and her Chemistry pen pal is adorable in how they are so honest in their letters to each other.

4. I would have to say that my one complaint with this book is that I figured out pretty fast who Lily's Chemistry pen pal was so the big reveal was not a shock to me. Other than that loved the book.

To Read or Not to Read:
Read

No comments:

Post a Comment