Sunday 16 October 2016

Crooked Kingdom

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo is second book of the Six of Crows duology.

Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world.

The Breakdown:
1. If you loved Ocean's 11, which I did, and YA fantasy, which I do, this is the book for you. Bardugo has so many twist and turns and cons being run that I was constantly surprised by events in the story. This story, like Six of Crows, definitely kept me guess and wanting more.

2. I absolutely love all of Bardugo's characters.  They are wonderful, flaws and all.  They have all developed such wonderful relationships between them that they have really become a family. Bardugo does a wonderful job of both keeping the flow of the story while giving background stories on the characters.

3. My biggest problem with this book is I don't know which couple to ship the hardest. Nina and Matthais coming from very different countries but have found they are just what the other needs. Jesper and Wylan and how they are skirting around their attraction to each other.  Then there is Kaz and Inej both so broken, but finding themselves drawn to each other.

4. I love that Bardugo brings some of my favorite characters from The Grisha Trilogy into play in this book with Zoya and Genya. As much as I love this book, and I loved it so much, Bardugo does manage to stab me right in the feels a few times, so be warned about a few heartbreaking moments.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment