Wednesday 2 July 2014

Save the Date

Save the Date

Save the Date is the newest Mary Kay Andrews novel.

A Savannah florist is about to score the wedding of a lifetime- one that will solidify her career as the go-to-girl for society nuptials.  Ironically, Cara Kryzik doesn't believe in love, even though she creates beautiful flower arrangements to celebrate them.  But when the bride goes missing and the wedding is in jeopardy, Cara must find the bride and figure out what she believes in.  Maybe love really does exist outside of fairy tales after all.

The Breakdown:
1. Mary Kay Andrews is the queen of summer beach reads, and this book is probably my new favorite of hers.  Unfortunately, I did not get to read this one at the beach, but it was great anyway.  Plus, I got to meet her and get her to sign this book for me, and in case you were wondering she is a wonderful Southern Lady.

2. Super excited to see her return to Savannah as the setting for the book.  It really made me miss living down that way, and cross my fingers that I can find a job down there when I finish school.  Bonus points for book shout-outs to Bebe and Weezie from Savannah Blues and Savannah Breezes, and the dinner at Guale.

3. I simply adored Cara.  She is determined to make it on her own, and she loves her dog, Poppy, which is always a sign of a good person in my book.  She can be a little stubborn at times, but hey, who doesn't have those moments. I, also, liked her retro clothing style.

4. I heart Jack Finnerty. He is funny, caring, and good with his hands, and who doesn't need their own personal handyman.  Did I mention he cares for his dog, too.  Downside to Jack is that he went to Georgia Tech, but nobody is perfect.

5. This book packs drama, romance, and even a villain that you will love to hate in it. The story flows so nicely, and the characters are all so wonderfully written. My only complaint is that when Poppy gets heat stroke, and is taken to the veterinarian, the vet tells Cara that her temperatures was 102, and she was one degree away from stroking out.  As a soon to be vet, that is medically incorrect, 102 is a normal temperature for dogs.  I begin to worry about heat stroke at 104-105.

To Read or Not to Read:
Must Read

Currently Reading:
Top Secret Twenty-One
by Janet Evanovich

No comments:

Post a Comment