Friday 18 April 2014

Tick-Tock

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)

Through the Zombie Glass is the second book in Gena Showalter's The White Rabbit Chronicles.

Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. Theses monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly they've got mine...

Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.

After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her.  Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things.

She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her... from everyone. Now with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.

But the clock is ticking... and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.

The Breakdown:
1. Liked how the behavior and zombies is evolving in the this book, and it did not become a monotony of the same old, same old battles and baddies.

2. Still love Kat, and how well she adapted to the news she was told at the end of the first book.  She really is a courageous character and bright spirit especially knowing what she is going through personally.

3. Disliked the whole Cole breaking up with you for your own good move. I am really over that aspect of YA books in general.  I am glad that Showalter does not devote the whole book to that angst, but honestly I could have done without it at all.

4. A little disappointed that the "twist" were a little predictable.  I figured what was going on fairly quickly.  I like to really work to solve the mysteries, and if an author really shocks me with a twist, I am looking at you Veronica Roth, I feel like I get more out of the book.

5. Liked the introduction of the new character of Gavin.  I feel that he really added to the book, and hope he continues to be an asset to the series.

To Read or Not to Read:
Kind of take or leave it kind of book.  Personally I will probably continue the series, but I can see where this book would make people stop reading the series.

Currently Reading:
Blood Promise
by Richelle Mead




No comments:

Post a Comment